Microsoft Windows XP Power ProductivityeBook - 2005
The Keys to Your Productivity Are Right There, Inside Windows
Windows XP is packed with utilities and other features that can help you work smarter and faster. The trick is knowing what they are and how and when to use them. Microsoft Windows XP Power Productivity teaches you how to leverage these tools to automate, customize, and troubleshoot your system, and to harness its power most effectively. This is a must-read book for power users and system administrators; it also offers a path that ambitious beginners can follow to achieve expertise. Coverage includes:
- Performing network, automated, and unattended installations
- Controlling Windows XP startup and shutdown
- Managing printing
- Auditing the system
- Adding and removing OS components
- Understanding and managing the Registry
- Working with Device Manager
- Setting up and troubleshooting incoming and outgoing connections
- Hosting FTP sites
- Performing backups and recovering from disasters
- Managing users and groups
- Setting up, monitoring, and managing remote access
- Configuring and optimizing TCP/IP
- Managing certificates
- Configuring VPN connections
- Encrypting your files
Is Your PC Holding You Back?
Don't settle for making yourself more productive; do the same for your PC. Microsoft Windows XP Power Optimization, also from Sybex, shows you how to get more speed and power out of your current equipment, simply by tuning your Windows setup.
Baker & Taylor
Provides information on ways to effectively use Windows XP, covering such topics as auditing the system, managing the Registry, hosting FTP sites, setting up remote access, and configuring VPN connections.