Saving for School
Understand RESPs, Take Control of your Savings, Minimize Student DebtBook - 2013
The most important investment parents can make is finally simplified, Gail-style
The the average debt hanging around the necks of Canadian graduates is $27,000. So when they don their caps and gowns and look forward to the future, what they are actually looking at is decades of payments. Yet only 35 percent of eligible kids receive the Canada Education Savings Grantup to $7,200 that the government wants to GIVE parents as a reward for saving for school. So why don’t more parents use RESPs?
- They don’t understand how they work
- They say they can’t come up with the money
- They don’t know about the grantthe free money
- They aren’t convinced their kids will need their help
- The language and rules just seem too complicated
Beyond RESPs, Gail offers a full plan for minimizing your student debt and guides you through how much student loan you should take on, along with offering general tips and strategies for saving and for following a budget at school. With Gail by your side, there’s no excuse not to start Saving for School.