Discover EuropeBook - 2010-
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Discover Europe is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander the corridors of Versailles, gaze up at the Sistine Chapel's remarkable ceiling and sip ale in historic London pubs, all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Europe and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover Europe:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, family travel, food & drink and landscapes
- Over 70 colour maps
- Useful features - including Itineraries, Month by Month (annual festival calendar) and 24 illustrated features
- Coverage of Austria, Belgium, Britain, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover Europe, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travellers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out the relevantLonely Planet Travel Guides, our mostcomprehensive guides that cover both the top sights and take the roads less travelled, orLonely Planet's Discover Guides, which are photo-rich guides to those countries'most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Oliver Berry, Alexis Averbuck, Mark Baker, Kerry Christiani, Mark Elliott, Duncan Garwood, Anthony Ham, Virginia Maxwell, Craig McLachlan, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Nicola Williams, Neil Wilson
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' -The New York Times'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -Fairfax Media (Australia)
Lonely Planet's Discover Europe is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what hidden discoveries await you.
Baker & Taylor
Provides recommendations for itineraries, shopping, restaurants, and accomodations, with a brief history of the areas and the people.