PeoniesBook - 2006
A well-illustrated introductory guide to growing hundreds of species, varieties and hybrids of peonies. The book provides practical advice on how to plant, propagate, cultivate and landscape peonies.
A richly illustrated guide to growing a most satisfying perennial, the peony.
The dazzling peony with its generous blooms is revered and treasured in North America as it has been for centuries in its country of origin, China. Peonies is a comprehensive guide to selecting and growing the best species and hybrids for every region and garden condition.
In an easy-to-use format, this informative and practical reference book has dozens of color photographs and features chapters on:
- Genus Paeonia and the modern hybrids
- Ornamental and herbaceous peonies
- Tree peonies, the "king of flowers"
- Cultivation and propagation techniques
- Fertilizers, preferred soil composition, watering and over-wintering
- Remedies for pests, diseases and disorders
- Landscaping recommendations with peonies
- Displaying peonies indoors
- The origin and history of peonies.
There is also a valuable appendix of selected varieties and a listing of associations and suppliers.