Complete Curry Cookbook
250 Recipes From Around the WorldBook - 2008
A selection of curry recipes that draws its inspiration from India, Thailand, China, England, Indonesia and the Caribbean. The recipes maintain the authentic international flavors but feature readily obtained ingredients and quick preparation times.
Authentic curries made easy.
Curry is enjoyed throughout the world. This wonderful selection of curry recipes draws its inspiration from India, Thailand, China, England, Indonesia and the Caribbean.
These quick, easy and tantalizing recipes feature ingredients found in supermarkets, yet the dishes maintain authentic tastes and flavors.
Some of the creative curry recipes include:
- Vegetables masala (mixed vegetables, tomato, gravy, curry leaf); chicken and wild mushroom curry with saffron; Indian-style butter chicken; Kashmiri-style lamb with root vegetables
- Thai beef-tamarind curry with potato; braised beef with chililime and lemongrass; Caribbean coconut lime braised pork; grilled fish tikka
- Shrimp curry, Calcutta style; Caribbean-spiced tilapia; calamari curry
- Dansak (lentils with vegetables); eggs sambal goreng; chili coconut dal.
Among the accompaniments and side dishes:
- Tomato onion rice pilau; spicy Singapore noodles; zucchini pancake
- Caramelized mango relish; spicy pickled green beans; fresh mint raita.
These and other authentic recipes will allow home cooks to experience international curry cuisine at its most tantalizing.