The Rider's GuideBook - 2008
Offers step-by-step instructions for basic, intermediate, and advanced tricks and includes a history of the sport and coverage of skateboard parts and tools.
Firefly Books Ltd
Action sequences show all the techniques and tricks -- from basic to advanced.
Skateboarding's popularity continues to soar -- it has now surpassed basketball in popularity among North American youth. Skateboarding Skills is an ideal guide both for first-time riders learning the necessary skills, and for more experienced ones wanting to perfect a maneuver or master a move.
Written in an easy-to-follow style and packed with color photographs, Skateboarding Skills features:
- A review of safety issues-from avoiding an injury to landing safely on a fall
- A guide to purchasing and maintaining equipment
- Clothing guidelines -- skate shoes, helmet, and pads for knees, elbows and wrists
- Tricks, techniques and maneuvers for all levels from powerslides to kickflips
- 37 action photo sequences graded according to level from basic to advanced
- Tips from the pros, plus a glossary of skateboarding jargon and slang.
Since the sequences progress in difficulty, skateboarders can move on to the next level when ready or return to an earlier one and practice it, making Skateboarding Skills an ideal handbook for a skyrocketing sport.
A guide for beginner to advanced skateboarders featuring 37 action sequences of skills of progressive difficulty, and includes information on safety and falling; equipment; tips, tricks and techniques; jargon and more.
From the critics
Age SuitabilityAdd Age Suitability
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.
QuotesAdd a Quote
There are no quotes for this title yet.