Taunton's Tiling Complete
Expert Advice From Start to FinishBook - 2008
Lots of homeowner's are intrigued with the many possibilities tile provides for improving the aesthetic beauty of their homes.
But anyone who tries to design and install a new tile surface soon realizes this is truly an art and science unto itself -- with its own language, materials, tools, techniques and special skills.
If you're ready to tackle the unique challenges of a home tiling project, you'll really appreciate the breadth and depth of information in Tiling Complete.
Brought to you by two tiling experts -- each with over 20 years as working professionals -- this all-encompassing manual delivers everything you need to handle any tiling job from start to finish.
The authors even point out several types of tiling projects -- with potentially costly repercussions -- that are best left for the professionals.
Loaded with color photographs and detailed instructions in clear, precise language, Tiling Complete makes it a breeze to get the job done right -- even if you're a novice.
Here are a few examples of what you'll find.
- Learn about the wide variety of tile types, from standard ceramic, porcelain and terra-cotta pavers to natural stone, glass, specialty and trim tile
- Discover the natural characteristics of each (hardness, softness, durability) and which work best for specific applications and situations
- Find out about design options that include color, décor and style, tile size, shape and orientation, and combining tile with other materials
- Get expert advice about tools and techniques for everything from preparation, demolition and repair to cutting, drilling, installing, grouting and caulking tile
- Gain a working knowledge of installation materials, membranes, substrates, adhesives, grout sealants, caulks -- and how to choose what's right for your job
- Explore the finer points of tiling floors, countertops, walls and backsplashes -- with step-by-step instructions to make your finished product a thing of beauty
If you'd like to enhance your home with the unique texture and beauty of tile, here's a book that delivers all the expertise you'll need to get amazing results.
Baker & Taylor
A hands-on manual covering every home tiling situation covers everything homeowners need to know, including tile styles and shapes, essential tools, preparation and installation methods, and grouting, sealing, and caulking techniques, all enhanced by 850 photographs, diagrams, and illustrations. Original.
Ingram Publishing Services
Written with the DIYer in mind, this all-encompassing manual takes a head-on approach to every home tiling situation--except those best left for the pros. Loaded with photos and laid out in an intuitive, accessible format, "Tiling Complete" makes it a snap for even the most hesitant of novices to get the job done right the first time. The authors begin with a thoughtful introduction and move to tile styles and shapes, tools, preparation and installation, plus grouting, sealing and caulking. There is a complete project section and a stress-reducing chapter on Problems and Troubleshooting. Also included are tips on maintenance and repair so that the finished product will shine for years to come.