AustraliaBook - 1998-
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Australia takes you by the hand, leading you straight to the best attractions this country has to offer.
DK's insider travel tips and essential local information will help you discover the best of Australia, region-by-region, from the aboriginal sights of the Northern Territory to the wilderness of Tasmania. Don't miss out on the Sydney Opera House, Australia's War Memorial in Canberra, and other must-see sights.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Australia.• Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
• Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
• Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
• Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
• Area maps marked with sights.
• Detailed city maps of Sydney and Melbourne include street finder indexes for easy navigation.
• Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
• Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Australia truly shows you this country as no one else can.
Recommended: For a pocket guidebook to Sydney, check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Top 10 Sydney, which is packed with dozens of top 10 lists, ensuring you make the most of your time in the city.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photographs, and illustrations of any guide.
Baker & Taylor
Three-dimensional cutaway illustrations and floor plans of key landmarks complement these richly illustrated, fully updated travel handbooks that also include enhanced maps, street-by-street guides, background information on a host of popular sights and an expanded traveler's survival guide providing tips on hotels, restaurants, local customs, transportation, medical services, museums, entertainment and more.