CliffsTestPrep CBESTeBook - 2000
The CliffsTestPrep series offers full-length practice exams that simulate the real tests; proven test-taking strategies to increase your chances at doing well; and thorough review exercises to help fill in any knowledge gaps.
CliffsTestPrep CBEST, 6th Edition, can help you prepare for the California Basic Education Skills Test, a requirement for obtaining teaching credentials in California and Oregon. The test is based on the theory that teachers should be able to use the same skills taught to students -- skills essential to students both in the classroom and outside school. Inside this test prep tool, you'll find
- Full-length practice tests with answers and complete explanations
- Analysis of all exam subject areas
- An assessment mini-test to gauge a candidate's strengths and weaknesses with the various test sections
- Introduction to the format and scoring of the exam, overall strategies for answering multiple-choice questions, and questions commonly asked about CBEST
- A list of last-minute test-taking tips.
This book will help you understand the types of questions that will test your knowledge in three general subjects: reading, mathematics, and writing. You can get ready to show what you know in areas such as
- Basic math and algebra, including whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents, and simple equations
- Practical applications of arithmetic operations, such as invoices, unit cost, and totals.
- Standard units in the U.S. measurement system
- Reading comprehension with emphasis on interpreting and analyzing passages
- Essay writing in a descriptive/narrative form that draws from personal experience
- Original writing in an analytical/expository essay that calls for explaining an issue, problem, or quotation and relating a well-supported personal opinion on the subject
With guidance from the CliffsTestPrep series, you'll feel at home in any standardized-test environment!