The Resume KiteBook - 2000
OVER 600,000 BEATTY CAREER GUIDES SOLD
- Provides proven techniques for writing the perfect resume for your ideal job
- Covers all resume formats with over 80 sample resumes and cover letters
- Features sample electronic resumes and guidelines for posting your resume on the Internet
- Highlights the "top 20" Internet sites for posting your resume
Americas #1 job expert gives you all the tools you need to craft the perfect resume and land your dream job
Your resume is the most important job-search tool you have for making yourself stand out from the crowd and getting your foot in the door of a potential employer. Its the very cornerstone of a successful job-hunting campaign. With clear instructions, expert advice, and numerous examples you can draw from, Richard Beattys The Resume Kit will help you build a resume that works–a distinctive document that captures attention and gets you that interview!
One of North Americas top job-search gurus, Beatty tells you how employers think, what they look for in a candidate, and how to mold your resume to let them know that you have what they want. In this fully updated Fourth Edition, he shares the latest techniques and thinking in resume writing for todays job market and computerized human resources departments. Inside, youll find:
- An easy, step-by-step workbook approach that greatly simplifies resume writing
- The Twelve Myths of Resume Writing–and the real facts that can guide you
- New coverage of the "electronic resume," complete with instructions on the proper format for online databases
- Job-hunting techniques for the information age–including listings and descriptions of the "top 20" career sites on the Web
- More than 80 sample resumes and cover letters
- Valuable advice for those with special problems–unemployed, fired, too many jobs, etc.
- Detailed instructions for preparing the highly popular linear resume format
Packed with road-tested tips, easy-to-follow directions, and inside-the-industry expertise, The Resume Kit will do for you what it has done for thousands of other job seekers–guide you in creating a powerful resume that will drive potential employers to pick up the phone and call you.