Sams Teach Yourself Regular Expressions in 10 MinuteseBook - 2004
Introduces regular expressions and how they are used, discussing topics including metacharacters, nomenclature, matching and modifying text, expression processing, benchmarking, optimizations, and loops.
- Match characters sets
- Match repeating characters (using minimums and maximums if needed)
- Match (or ignore) based on case
- Build sub-expressions
- Use all of the special characters
- Work with excape sequences
- Use POSIX classes to simplify complex expressions
- Use back-references
- Use look-behind operators
Sams Teach Yourself Regular Expressions in 10 Minutes is a tutorial book organized into a series of easy-to-follow 10-minute lessons. These well targeted lessons teach you in 10 minutes what other books might take hundreds of pages to cover. Instead of dwelling on syntax, terminology, and arcane examples and scenarios, this book takes a very hands-on approach to solving the needs of the majority of RegEx users who simply need to manipulate data.